Tokyo, Japan / New Delhi, India, January 23, 2012 -- The Teijin Group (www.teijin.co.jp/english), one of the world’s leading high-performance fiber and polymer suppliers, announced today that it will showcase a number of advanced materials at Plastindia 2012 (www.plastindia.org), India’s largest plastics industry trade fair, which will take place at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from February 1 to 6.
The Teijin exhibition (Hanger ODP15D-R3) will feature numerous high-performance solutions for energy savings, environmental protection and other applications. Teijin Group companies participating in the exhibition will include Teijin India, Teijin Chemicals, Teijin Polycarbonate Singapore, Toho Tenax, Teijin Aramid and Teijin DuPont Films Japan.
The many outstanding Teijin products and solutions to be exhibited include:
- An exceptionally lightweight concept car, the PU_PA, made with Teijin materials including Tenax carbon fiber, Panlite polycarbonate resin and Biofront highly heat-resistant bioplastic. This will be the vehicle’s first appearance in India.
- Tenax carbon fiber, boasting high strength and excellent electrical properties, plus carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic used for electrical/electronics applications
- Twaron and Technora para-aramid fibers, which provides excellent wear resistance and low abrasiveness to thermoplastic components
- Automotive parts made with Panlite polycarbonate resin, including a panoramic roof system, door handle and interior parts, plus other applications such as an electrical smart meter, LED lamp, flame-retardant sheet, surface hardened sheet and optical lens.
- Polyester film for electrical and electronics applications, including photovoltaic cells, wiring harnesses and motor insulations.
- Biofront bioplastic featuring much higher melting point than conventional bioplastic, plus hydrolytic stability and semi-crystallization achieved in just 20-25% of the time required by conventional bioplastic.
The Indian plastics industry, which has averaged 15% growth for several years, is expected to see consumption exceed 15 million metric tons in 2015, which would make India the world’s third largest consumer of plastics (source: Plastindia Foundation). Through Teijin’s exhibition at Plastindia, the company aims to demonstrate to partners and customers its extensive knowledge and expertise in a range of applications, as well as increase its presence in and commitment to the Indian market.
The Teijin Group, since establishing a locally-incorporated company in New Delhi in 2007, has been developing business in Indian markets for automobiles and railcars, electronics, infrastructure, new energy and healthcare.
- « Prev
- Next »